I have been asked numerous times already in my very short career why I chose criminal defense. As a mentor and friend of mine once said, the next time you're standing in court and you aren't guilty, you'll know why. I do this because I believe very strongly in the U.S. constitution, the Texas Constitution, and the laws of this State. I approach every client as innocent until they are proven guilty.

Many people I have met over the years seem to have forgotten that principle that our criminal justice system is based on. This rule and various protections aren't in place to let guilty people go free, they are there because it is BETTER that a guilty person go free than one innocent person be wrongfully convicted.

So while I represent specific clients, whenever I stand with them in court, I am standing there for that person, for you, and for the ideals our country was founded on.

Comments (0)