Well, I believe I've learned that you can't really judge how many clients you may be appointed to from one week to the next. This past week I would have picked up three new appointments had it not been for a possible conflict of interest. It's always best to err on the side of caution so I passed that client on to another attorney. Good lesson to take from that is I really need to brush up on what does and does not constitute a conflict of interest.

So the Trial College in Huntsville starts next week. I'm looking forward to that. It should be a fantastic learning opportunity.

At this point I've managed to pick up four clients on retainer. According to a friend and mentor I am doing well having picked up clients in such a short time. Strangely enough it feels like I've been doing this for a year, but I've only been doing it for about a month and a half. I guess because I stay pretty busy, but I really enjoy the fast pace and the knowledge that I'm likely to hear a "great story" on a semi-regular basis.

In other news, obtained another dismissal for another client charged with criminal trespass. Humorously the "second" assistant county attorney told me I was putting way too much work into these cases and that I'm not supposed to obtain dismissals. I took that as a tongue-in-cheek compliment. Hoping to get lucky number 3 later this month, after all, it is St. Paddy's day coming up and I have that whole Irish thing going for me.

In any case, it always helps when you really enjoy your job.

Comments (0)